noritake unique wedding favors unique wedding favors
Learn the 4 C's of diamonds at Abazias.

sam and dave: the cake(s)

Once again, it's time to hear from Samantha.
*Warning* If you're on a diet, you may want to sheild your eyes.

cupcakes1
cupcakes2

Me: "Mom, you know I really want to have a unique wedding, so how about we cook all the food? You love to cook, I love to cook. We could make everything summer-ish and delicious. It could be served room temp, buffet style! Whaddaya think?

Mom: "Honey, I love you, but are you crazy?! I'm not cooking dinner for 130 people!"

My mom does love to bake, though, and loves baking cakes, so we've decided that, instead of having a traditional wedding cake, we're going to make a "cupcake tree." Yeah! I want to create my wedding in an unconventional way but that is easier said than done, as I'm learning all too well. When you're dealing with a party that involves so many people coming from all over the country who expect to be fed and watered..or...er…alcoholed, there are certain expectations that need to be met if you want happy guests. Dessert, however, leaves more leeway for a creative and fun approach.

above:
Bollywood themed cupcakes from Little Venice Cake Company
Queen's Garden cupcakes from Alice's Teacup
Whimsical cupcake tree from Maise Fantasie Wedding Cakes
Polka Dot cupcake tower from Little Venice Cake Company

2 comments:

Anonymous on 9:03 PM

Oh, my!!! I would be torn between eating those cupcakes and just sitting there and admiring them! A cupcake tree is a fantastic idea.

Unknown on 6:58 AM

Wedding cakes & Sculptures

Mackenzie's Sketchbook